Engineering & Data Science Manager
Schneider is seeking an Engineering and Data Scientist Manager to join our thriving team! You will manage the data science, optimization and artificial intelligence services of the assigned function or department within the organization. Develop and conduct work programs in accordance with company's policies, priorities and budget. Provides technical oversight and assistance to other departments as required.
About the role:
- Development and implementation of D4 (Dynamic Data Driven Decisions) models and components utilizing technologically advanced Data Science, Optimization and AI algorithms and techniques
- Lead the use of complex data science or optimization analysis for specific business problems or questions. Understand the uses and limitations of statistical and optimization methodologies
- Interpret engineering results and present customer specific solutions through written and oral proposals and presentations
- Direct the work of two or more associates
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree with an emphasis in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or Statistics
- Master's degree with an emphasis in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering Mathematics, Data Science or Statistics is preferred
- Minimum of five years of combined business and engineering experience
- Expertise in the use of complex data science or optimization analysis
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.