- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The primary role of the Data Specialist is to create and maintain quality enterprise customer information. The Data Specialist interfaces directly with internal departments and with the customer to assist in gathering and validating information about our customers, our customers locations, contacts, and invoicing requirements. Incumbent completes all invoicing profile information to ensure accurate billing for our customers. In addition to direct interaction, the Data Specialist II will research external sources to collect customer information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Data Steward to ensure customer data complies with established data quality rules and standards.
- Provide support and assistance to the process teams related to enhancements and modifications of customer information and technology.
- Perform regression testing for commercial systems quarterly releases.
- Research, validate, and understand the cascading affects of inactivating customer profiles: accounts, organizations, relationships, etc. Perform the actual inactivation.
- Identify and minimize customer duplicates.
- Verify and correct customer addresses as needed.
- Perform various customer data auditing functions, to include resolving data inconsistencies across applications and data quality issues. Master data management reporting along with various sources of data will be utilized to manage the process.
- Contact customers to obtain billing requirements, discuss payment terms, and sell efficiencies in billing and payment practices. Must have an understanding of Schneider invoicing requirements and be able to effectively communicate those options to the customer using suggestive selling techniques.
- Setup invoicing and site level profiles in order management and customer data management systems.
- Communicate correct processes and best practices to users as needed to ensure data is entered accurately.
- Notify end-users of changes and issues.
- Complete security profile information and access for external customers in the customer portal application. Access to information will include email notifications, track and trace, and electronic document retrieval.
- This description is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and timeliness.
- Exhibit behavior in alignment with our core values at all times.
Minimum of 2 - 4 years related in Customer Service, Operations or Accounts Payable.
|EDUCATION LEVEL:||High School/GED or equivalent work experience|
SKILLS/BEHAVIORS NECESSARY TO PERFORM JOB
Abilities or qualities an associate must possess in order to perform the essential job duties - Listed by Core Competency
Effective and efficient oral communication skills
Effective and efficient written communication skills
Ability to develop relationships through interpersonal skills
Effective listening skills
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION/TEAM PLAYER
Seek innovative ways to blend ideas from a wide variety of individuals
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Ability to positively impact others
Influencing skills, resulting in a positive outcome
Take initiative, a self-starter
Ability to work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING
Problem solving skills
Decision making skills (make best value decisions)
Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload
Ability to work within deadlines
Work with a sense of urgency toward a desired result
Motivated to achieve outcomes and reach goals
FUNCTIONAL & TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Customer service skills
Typing and data entry skills
Attention to detail
Work with accuracy
Ability to work with confidential data and keep confidences
Ability to work independently with little supervision
Ability to work routinely on-site at a Schneider facility
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.