Driver Customer Services Specialist
- Carlisle, PA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Part-time; Mon-Fri 7a-1p
Schneider is seeking a Driver Services Customer Specialist to provide customer service to drivers and ICs in the areas of yard flow, fueling, shipment assignments, regulatory permits, showers, administrative support, and maintenance needs. Driver Services Specialists work closely with a variety of departments including Lines of Business, Maintenance, Security Services, Customer Service, Regulatory and Claims. They provide excellent customer service in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. Position requires outstanding problem solving, data accuracy, organizational skills and stress tolerance.
About the role:
- Operates security gates, handles yard flow, and directs parking. Welcomes drivers at the entrance gate, records unit numbers and status in the computer. Verifies proper security and communicates maintenance procedures as units enter and exit Operating Center gates.
- Completes fuel related duties including completing forms, reconciling fuel inventory stock and posts current fuel prices. Enters fuel delivery data into Web based system.
- Stocks, inventories and issues driver supplies, parts, forms and printed material in accordance with published instructions. Examples: king pin locks, load straps, padlocks, oil, lights, log books.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience. Two to four years relevant experience.
- Take initiative, a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.