- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Mon - Fri 8a-5p
Schneider has an immediate need for a detail oriented Buyer to be accountable for timely and cost-effective sourcing of goods and services in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. The Buyer works closely with the business unit leaders to define the scope and meet the customer requirements and changing business needs. The Buyer also creates risk adverse contracts that involve materials, supplies or services that are of critical importance to the organizations operations and profitability. This position is a gateway to a career of interesting challenges, celebrated victories and limitless opportunities.
About the role:
Develop and maintain a strong partnership with key suppliers.
- Interacts with the line of business to engage, develop and lead supplier relationships, to negotiate value in cost, security, risk and innovation, and implement cost effective solutions for the Enterprise.
- Ability to evaluate financial impact and Enterprise risk while creating and developing professional and legal contracts.
- Accountable for the purchase of materials, services, and high value/risk quotes in order to achieve the best value for the organization.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience. Four years of practical work experience required. A combination of purchasing, finance and project management preferred
CPSM- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management a plus
Experience with sourcing, negotiation and contract creation.
Critical thinking, analytical skills, and project management skills.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.