- Jeffersonville, GA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Schneider is seeking a Dispatcher to join our thriving team! As a Dispatcher in the transportation industry, you will be accountable for establishing and implementing the execution plan for a specific geographic market by matching available Drivers and equipment with customer load tenders. You will collaborate with Operations, Sales, Pricing, and Customer Service to ensure success for the customer and our organization.
About the role:
- Make profit based decisions utilizing market data, lane history, good judgment, and customer service.
- Use effective and efficient oral and written communication skills to ensure loads are being delivered in accordance to our customers schedule.
- Collaborate with various departments throughout the business to ensure goals are met or exceeded.
- Analyze shipping trends to identify continuous improvement solutions in your market.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer, a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience. One to two years transportation or dispatch experience.
- Problem solving skills, strong communication, and ability to work in a diverse and dynamic team.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.