Truck driving jobs for military veterans
Join a top military friendly trucking company
Schneider is one of the nation’s largest and most decorated employers of current and former military personnel. We’re proud to offer great truck driving jobs for military veterans that recognize their service. Get started by filling out an application. Our recruiting team will then reach out to help you find a truck driving school that honors your GI Bill® benefits and ensure you have a driving job before you even graduate.
Credit for Military Experience Program
If you served in the military, we’ll reward your commitment with higher starting pay. Here’s how it works:
Military driving experience
Eligible service members* who drove a truck in the military are credited with the exact amount of driving experience for their time served upon joining Schneider.
Military non-driving experience
Eligible service members* who served in a non-transportation capacity in the military are credited with one year of driving experience upon joining Schneider.
*Eligible service members are those who have been discharged from the military in the last 12 months or are currently active in the Guard or Reserves and meet Schneider’s driver qualifications.
More military program benefits
- Military Apprenticeship Program: Earn up to an additional $1,431 per month during your first year at Schneider.
- CDL Training: Use your GI benefits to pay for your CDL training tuition.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Those that utilize their GI benefits to pay for truck driving school may be eligible to receive an additional $400/month.
- Home time for active service members: We offer guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training for Guard and Reserve members — without needing to use paid time off.
- Benefits when you need them most: Get extended benefits and differential pay if deployed for up to 18 months.
Looking for more information before you apply? Get in contact with a military recruiter at 866-838-7235 or fill our our Military Contact Form and a military recruiter will contact you: Complete Military Contact Form.
Ride of Pride military tribute trucks
Schneider is proud to have received 13 Ride of Pride trucks, a special fleet that serve as rolling tributes to military members past and present. Each Schneider driver who captains a Ride of Pride truck is a veteran, and the trucks travel to special events throughout the country.
Check out the program, the trucks and the drivers honored to participate in it.
Schneider is one of the nation’s largest, most-recognized business partners of military personnel. We are proud to let our record speak for itself:
- 2021 Military Friendly® Employer Gold Award by VIQTORY (formerly GI Jobs).
- Named 2017 Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military Winner by RecruitMilitary.
- Top 35 Veteran Employer by Military.com.
- 2016 Top Veteran Friendly Company by US Veterans Magazine.
- HireVetsFirst employer ESGR (Employer Support for Guard & Reserve) 5-Star employer.
- Ranked #6 on 2017 Best Company for Veterans by Monster and Military.com.
- Sponsor of Enlisted Association of National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) Al Schneider Award.
- Inaugural winner of the Department of Defense Freedom Award.
- Proud supporter of AW2 (Army Wounded Warrior Program).