Schneider's Military Program Highlights
- Military experience? We'll convert it to Schneider experience towards pay and benefits
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training — no paid time off required
- Apprenticeship Program — Use GI Bill benefits to receive tax-free educational benefit checks
- Training, mentoring and purchasing power to help you become an owner-operator truck driver
- Outstanding pay and comprehensive benefits
- Extended benefits and differential pay if deployed for up to 18 months
- Flexible, but predictable work schedules and a better work-life balance
- Opportunities available across the U.S.
Reasons to join Schneider’s top military-friendly team
New Credit for Military Experience Program
Schneider has been committed to those who serve for 80 years, and our new Credit for Military Experience Program takes that commitment to new heights. If you served in the military, we’ll reward you with higher starting pay.
- If you drove a truck at some point during your time in the military and were discharged in the last 12 months, or are actively serving in the Guard or Reserves*, 100% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay and benefits.
- Example: 4 years military driving experience = 4 years Schneider driving experience
*Must meet basic driver qualifications and have qualifying Primary Specialty
- If you served in the military in a non-transportation capacity and were discharged in the last 12 months or are actively serving in the Guard or Reserves, 25% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay and benefits.
- Example: 4 years military experience = 1 year Schneider driving experience
*Must meet basic driver qualifications
Schneider understands that being a member of the military reserves can bring uncertainty in times of need. We’ll work with you to accommodate your military commitments and we guarantee you’ll have a place with us when your call of duty is fulfilled.
“...stability was VERY important to me when I was deployed to Iraq and Saudi Arabia several times in 2002 and 2003. So many people I served with couldn’t believe I had a job actually waiting for me back home. That stress relief is huge...”
Schneider’s commitment to hiring military personnel stems back to founder Al Schneider. The longtime National Guardsman knew his fellow service men and women were the kind of people he wanted to hire. Military personnel are hard workers and natural leaders — making for valuable employees. Currently, 1 in 4 company drivers hired this year at Schneider have military experience.
“The experiences you’ve had in the military are particularly valuable at Schneider. As a result, (military professionals) have been very promotable individuals within Schneider.”– Don Schneider, former CEO and Chairman of the Board
Schneider is one of the nation’s largest, most-recognized employers of military personnel. We are proud to let our record speak for itself:
- Ranked #8 GI Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers
- Named 2015 Most Valuable Employer (MVE) Winner by Civilianjobs.com
- Top 35 Veteran Employer by Military.com
- HireVetsFirst employer ESGR (Employer Support for Guard & Reserve) 5-Star employer
- Sponsor of Enlisted Association of National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) Al Schneider Award
- Inaugural winner of the Department of Defense Freedom Award
- Proud supporter of AW2 (Army Wounded Warrior Program)