Driver Mentor - ToroFull Time | $10,000 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $1,230 - $1,360 weekly
- Home time:
- 6 months or greater CDL experience
- Job ID:
- Be a resource for new professional driver associates’ questions related to driving.
- Help new driver associates adapt to the lifestyle of an over-the-road driver.
- Haul freight with your mentee.
- Represent Schneider and yourself in a manner that reflects pride and professionalism through the organization’s Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Pay and bonus potential
- Earn $1,000 per week, plus $0.20 per mile for all dispatched miles the truck runs (both your miles and your mentee’s).
- $400 retention bonus at the end of each 4-week training cycle.
- Weekly paychecks.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- $10,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
*Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- DOT physical card.
- At least six months of Class A tractor trailer experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively.
- Live within 75 miles of Des Moines, IA, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Sturtevant, WI, Tomah, WI or Lincoln, NE
Still need more experience or have questions about qualifications? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through everything.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible spending options.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- See full list of driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Insight into our Green Bay team and facility
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.