Benefits of truck driving
6 top benefits of becoming a truck driver
You may not realize it, but truck driving is an extremely rewarding and lucrative career. However, the benefits of truck driving aren’t just limited to miles you can drive and the pay you can earn. Look below to discover the best benefits of becoming a truck driver.
1. Huge opportunity — The need for drivers is growing
Did you know driving is one of the highest demand careers in the United States? As the economy and freight volumes continue to grow, so does the need for truck drivers. In fact, the American Trucking Association states that freight volumes will grow 35% by 2029. This means truck drivers will continue to be highly sought after and driving job opportunities will continue to be nearly endless.
2. Independence and flexibility — Embrace the freedom of the open road.
If you’re tired of your nine-to-five job and looking for adventure, truck driving is the career choice for you. This unique job allows you to travel and experience the freedom of the open road, all while earning a steady paycheck.
3. Opportunity to make a difference — Deliver essential products across the U.S.
Most products people use or consume daily were, at some point, transported on a truck. That includes necessities like food, clothes and medicine. Truck drivers don’t just drive a truck from point A to point B, they are essential workers that make a difference in communities across the country. In fact, during the pandemic, truck drivers have impacted communities by delivering crucial supplies like food, equipment and medicine.
4. Plenty of career opportunities — Find a career that grows with you.
Schneider offers drivers a stable career that can grow with them. We’re flexible when it comes to drivers transitioning to different driving styles, accounts and home time schedules. Plus, we offer a wide selection of career path options to help drivers evolve their career as they gain experience.
5. Improved driver experience — Your safety and comfort come first.Our dedication to safety and innovation has resulted in some outstanding equipment and technology upgrades over the years. We will continue enhancing the driver experience by investing in state-of-the-art equipment that keeps drivers safe and comfortable both on and off the road.
6. Schneider’s benefits package — Set yourself up for success.
Benefits are a big deal. When you become a truck driver with a stable company like Schneider, you get access to a comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) with company match, paid time off and a huge list of other benefits.