Lower healthcare premiums in 2022
Truck driver benefits package
Get better truck driver benefits here
Benefits are the difference between a mediocre compensation package and one that truly provides for your future. See how Schneider’s competitive benefits package can help you prepare for major life events.
A leading 401(k) plan with company match
Get a better job now and a better retirement later with a 401(k) plan (pre-tax, Roth post-tax or combination) that’s consistently a step above the competition. Join the plan right away and contribute 1-50% of your eligible pay. Schneider’s match starts after only three months (industry average is one year) and will match $.50 for each $1.00 of the first 6% of your contribution.
Schneider offers medical/prescription, dental and vision plans with optional participation and coverage available for your spouse and dependent children.
- Medical/Prescription: Enjoy reduced premium incentives, an additional Health Reimbursement Account deposit for wellness and a low $10 copay for virtual visits.
- Dental: Standard preventive care is covered at 100% by Schneider, and the plan includes basic and major restorative care.
- Vision: Coverage includes company-sponsored annual eye exam with $10 copay and a materials plan with allowance for prescription glasses or contacts.
- Flexible spending: Put aside pre-tax cash from your paycheck to pay for non-reimbursed medical, dental, vision and dependent care expenses.
- Hospital indemnity: Get paid cash directly if you’re hospitalized with this new optional plan.
Paid time off
As of October 2021, the longer you stay, the more paid time off you get:
- Three days after six months.
- Two weeks after one year.
- Three weeks after seven years.
- Four weeks after 15 years.
Plus, get six paid holidays per year after one year of employment.
You’ll also get paid time off for funeral leave (up to three days), jury duty and required military training and service.
Driver loyalty program - experience matters
From automatic admission into our Advantage Club after five years, to milestone awards, driver appreciation, points programs and shopping discounts, you’ll get more and more the longer you work with us through our comprehensive driver loyalty program.
More perks our truck drivers value
- Facility amenities: Free laundry, showers and concierge-like hospitality through Driver Services across our nationwide facility network ultimately helps you take home more of what you earn.
- Discount programs: With our buying power, we can pass along discounts from hundreds of companies, including everything from home and auto insurance discounts to savings on cellphones, vehicles, restaurants, concert tickets and more.
- On-demand pay: Schneider drivers can instantly access up to 50% of their eligible earned wages at any time before pay day.
- Passenger program: Take a loved one out on the open road with you. Eligible passengers include friends over the age of 18 and immediate family members over the age of 10.
- Truck specs: The equipment you drive ultimately impacts your livelihood and your bottom line. Our equipment and technology helps make your time on the road safer and more comfortable.
- Financial, legal and adoption benefits: Schneider offers free counseling sessions resources for child and elder care, as well as legal and financial advising. We also offer an up-to $4,000 one-time reimbursement to assist with adoption expenses.
- Military service benefits: We show our thanks for your service through our robust military program, which includes guaranteed time off for military training, differential pay and more.
- Driver referral program: Earn up to $2,000 for each company driver you refer who joins Schneider. Schneider’s driver referral program literally gives you unlimited earning potential.
- Commuter benefits: Purchase parking or transit passes online with no hassle, with pre-tax paycheck deductions.
- Physical therapy and injury prevention: Meet with a physical therapist in-person or virtually for free.
Optional benefits at reduced rates
You can purchase the following benefits at a discounted group rate that can be conveniently pulled through payroll deductions:
- Accident insurance: Extra coverage for accident-related medical expenses.
- CDL Defender Plan: Legal protection for your CDL and your spouse’s CDL.
- Critical illness insurance: Extra coverage in case of a serious illness.
- Family Legal Plan: Legal coverage for non-work-related issues.
- Voluntary life insurance: Additional term life insurance policy for you, your spouse and your children.
- Voluntary short-term disability: Provides 60% of your monthly earnings when you are unable to work due to illness or injury, for up to 26 weeks.