- Obetz, OH
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Schneider is seeking an experienced Shop Manager to be accountable for ensuring internal line of business satisfaction, lowering the cost of repairs, and increasing equipment availability in a Maintenance Shop. This includes the development and execution of long and short-range goals, action plans, and effective leadership of the shop associates. With Schneider, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do.
About the role:
- Reinforce and demonstrate Schneider's core values and support our core value of safety first and always. Addressing any unsafe behaviors, auditing for safety compliance, and ensuring all visitors in the shop are safe.
- Accountable for all maintenance costs, equipment availability, and repair decisions for fleet units. This includes frequent communication with the Line of Business for approvals and to understand the business needs and the priority of the equipment.
- Appropriately staff the shop for the skills needed. This includes creating a staffing plan, working with Recruiters, conducting interviews, making offers, and on-boarding new associates.
- Set performance goals both for the shop as a whole and for individuals. Identify and execute action plans associated with those goals.
- Create and sustain a high performance environment through your leadership processes and actions.
- As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- College degree and/or 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude, shop or transportation operations leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrated abilities in coaching and mentoring
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.