Frequently asked warehouse questions
Have questions about working in a Schneider warehouse? We have all the answers below.
Q. Do I need to have prior forklift experience?
A. Prior forklift driving experience is preferred for our general warehouse positions, as you may be responsible for driving equipment.
Q. How much will I be required to lift in the warehouse?
A. Safety is our number-one core value. Associates must always check the weight of the box before proceeding to lift the freight. The weight of boxes varies. Proper lifting procedures must be followed. You will be expected to ask for assistance if needed for boxes weighing over 50 lbs.
Q. Do warehouse positions offer health benefits?
A. Yes, health benefits are available to eligible associates.
Q. How often will I be paid?
A. Those in warehouse leadership roles are paid semi-monthly. Entry-level warehouse associates are paid weekly.
Q. How does your interview process work?
A. We want your interviewing experience with us to be dynamic, comfortable and informative. We ask that you first complete an online application. If we choose to move forward with your application, you will receive a phone call inviting you to do an interview. If you are found successful during the interview and pass the counting test, you will be required to pass a drug screen and background check prior to starting work.
Q. What if I'm having trouble applying for a job?
A. If you are applying for a warehouse leadership role, please email email@example.com. If you are applying for an entry-level warehouse role, please call 800-44-PRIDE or text “Chat” to 28000.
Specific details about the problems you’re running into. Screenshots are helpful, too.
- What position/opening/vacancy were you applying to? Include the vacancy name.
- What brought you to schneiderjobs.com?
- Was it on a job board?
- Do you receive an error message? If so, what was the message?
- What type of Internet connection do you have?
- What Internet browser and version are you using?
- What time of day were you using the system?
Q. How can I stay up-to-date on job openings at Schneider?
Q. Why would I want to work for a transportation and logistics company?
A. We know trucking may not seem like the most glamourous industry, but it’s an industry that always has been and always will be needed. Schneider moves over 9.6 million miles of freight each day for businesses across the U.S., so it's safe to say that our 19,400 associates directly affect the economy. We are the quiet force behind the movement of goods across the world. You could be part of that — which is pretty cool when you think about it. If you want a job where you can be passionate about what you do and make your mark on something huge, you'll fit in perfectly at Schneider.
Q. There are lots of transportation companies. Why should I work for Schneider?
A. There are many reasons to work for us, but for this FAQ page, we'll limit ourselves to the top five:
- We are the best because we hire the best. You'll be surrounded by motivated people who come to work ready to make a difference each day.
- We genuinely care about and respect our associates. If you have an idea on how to make something better, we want to hear it and put it into action.
- We are a big, stable company with a family-like feel. You'll have access to opportunities across the U.S., while enjoying a competitive pay and benefits package.
- We promise you won't be bored. In this dynamic industry, you'll face plenty of new challenges. When you tackle them, we'll celebrate your success.
- We'll help you advance your career if that's what you want to do. As you develop professionally, you can customize your career path — moving into different positions throughout the business.
Q. What makes Schneider a transportation industry leader?
A. Schneider was founded in 1935 with one truck. It's been growing ever since and is now one of the largest truckload carriers in North America. We are a pioneer in the industry — paving the way with innovative associates and the latest technology. With 10,500 trucks, approximately 37,800 trailers and 22,200 Intermodal containers in the fleet, we have the capacity to move a lot of freight. Our customers include more than two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies.
Q. What are Schneider's core values?
A. The core values are the bedrock of everything we do. They're not just words on a page to us — we live them every day.
- Safety first and always – We have a responsibility to our associates, customer and the community to operate safely. Nothing we do is worth harming ourselves or others.
- Integrity in every action – We do what we say. We conduct our business with the highest ethical standards.
- Respect for all – We treat everyone with dignity and respect. We embrace diversity of thought, experience and background.
- Excellence in all we do – We do not stop until we've delivered a superior experience. We have a relentless passion for innovation and improvement.
Q. What kind of people do you hire?
A. Naturally, certain roles require certain expertise. But in general, we are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and hardworking individuals who are ready to take on challenges. We want people who are willing to contribute their ideas and continually help Schneider become a better organization.