Lead Diesel Technician
$2,000 sign-on bonus
Midwest Logistics Systems, LTD (MLS) is seeking a Lead Diesel Technician to be a decision making lead during a shift when a manager is not on duty. The main priority of this role is to work on repairing equipment, however as needed will be the point of contact on duty.
About the role:
- Diagnose and repair problems in the areas including all external component replacements and routine repairs, and annual vehicle repairs
- Preventative Maintenance (PM), brake jobs, lighting repairs, cab repairs, king pin replacement, steering problem diagnosis / repair, drive train component diagnosis and replacement, suspension diagnosis and repair, and satellite/cellular system diagnosis and repair.
- Diagnoses and repairs problems in the areas of engine, after-treatment device (ATD), fuel system, component parts and various other vehicle items (i.e. satellite/cellular systems, collision avoidance systems, tachometer, speedometer, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, autoshift transmission, differential, ECAS, A/C, starter, alternator, etc.) This includes major engine component rebuild/replacement (engine swing).
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate, you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes a leading benefits package including:
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Company-provided uniforms and safety equipment, including yearly boot reimbursement
- Strong training and mentorship
- Tool discount program
Ideal candidate will have:
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience. Four to six years of relevant experience.
- Ability to provide own tools within 30-60 days of hire (The Shop leader will cover required tools.)
- Must be Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements) and Brake Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements)
Wholly owned subsidiaries of Schneider, Midwest Logistics Systems, Ltd. (MLS) and Midwest Truck and Trailer Maintenance, LLC (MTTM) are operated separately from Schneider with separate operating procedures, qualification requirements, pay packages and benefits. If you have any questions about MLS/MTTM maintenance jobs, please contact a recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 230683