Your path to a career in the shop
Schneider is constantly recruiting skilled diesel technicians to fill our shops. If you’re looking to become a part of the team, it’s time to make it happen. Check out this step-by-step overview of our hiring process and get tips on how to prepare for your interview with us.
What to expect when applying for a diesel technician role
Step 1. Search and apply for a job
- Find open roles in your area and apply for one you’re interested in.
- Once your resumé is reviewed by our recruiting team and you are identified as a possible fit for the role, our team will reach out to schedule a phone interview.
Step 2. Complete the phone interview
- Be prepared to talk through your resumé and technical skills during your phone screen.
- After the phone interview is conducted and if you are found successful, the recruiting team will work to schedule an interview for you with the hiring leader.
Step 3. Interview with the hiring leader.
- Make sure you are prepared for your on-site interview by:
- Researching Schneider ahead of time to find out who we are.
- Preparing questions you want to ask the interviews, such as:
- What does training look like?
- What is the culture/team like in the shop?
- What are the metrics I will be accountable for?
- What are the shop goals for the year?
- Bringing your resumé with you.
- Being prepare to answer behavior-based interview questions, such as:
- Can you provide some examples of technical work you have completed, including diagnostics and repairs?
- Tell me about a time you had to persuade another person to make a decision. How did you go about persuading that individual?
- Tell me about a time that you had to work on a technical project and it was a success. What steps did you take to make it a success?
Step 4. Begin a dynamic diesel technician career at Schneider.
- If you are found successful after the interview, a verbal and written offer will be extended.
- A drug test and background check will be completed.
Have questions or want more information? Shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Find a Diesel Technician job near you