Jet-Set Tanker truck driverTop drivers earn $75,000 | Up to $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $56,700 - $69,300
- Home time:
- Every three weeks
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Jet-Set Tanker truck drivers average $56,250 to $68,500 each year while flying in an airplane to a Schneider location, hauling two-thirds non-hazardous bulk liquid chemicals for three weeks and flying home for five days off.
Jet-Set Tanker truck driver job overview
- $56,700 to $69,300* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks.
- $75,000* top annual earning potential.
- Earn $950 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Performance pay up to $600 per quarter, paid out weekly.
- 3 weeks out and 5 days home (travel days home and back not counted in days off), with the option to stay out longer.
- 1,750 average miles per week, mostly east of the Mississippi River.
- Two-thirds non-hazardous liquid freight.
- $7,500 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
- $2,500 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Jet-Set Tanker truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
- Must be able to fly on an airplane.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Jet-Set Tanker truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- $200-$400/month tuition reimbursement (up to $7,000) for qualified drivers.
- Loading and unloading pay.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- All earned frequent flyer miles from company-paid flights are yours to keep for personal use.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Jet-Set Tanker
- Hands-on work – Enjoy a nice change of pace from driving as you get paid to unload using pumps and hoses.
- Elite paid training – Learn how to master this unique work with industry-leading paid orientation specifically for Tanker driving.
- Top-notch equipment – Drive the best thanks to continuous investments in tractors, tank trailers and Tanker-specific technology.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Houston Facility.
- Learn more about Tanker truck driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.