Operations Research Engineer
- Green Bay, WI
- Other Locations:
Chicago , IL
Dallas , TX
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
The Schneider organization has an opportunity to join our award-winning TECH team as an Operations Research Engineer. In this role, you will use state of the art operations research and machine learning tools and techniques to analyze client operations and develop practical solutions to tackle business problems. This position will allow you to make an impact on multiple projects, independently and on a team, to achieve committed objectives. To learn more about this role, take a look below and apply today.
About the role:
- You will develop an understanding of clients' business operations and create optimization models and technical approaches for their business needs
- You will collect and integrate business information and data into appropriate models and tools to support the development of solutions
- You will effectively communicate technical engineering solutions and results into appropriate business language for clear client understanding through proposals, statements-of-work, project logs and presentations
You will enjoy a strong work/life balance as an associate that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
You will need:
- A PhD degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or related field or Master Degree plus two years of relevant experience required
- Deep understanding of transportation and logistics, warehousing concepts, and data analysis
- To build effective business rapport with clients, peers and associates
- Basic knowledge of mathematical optimization modeling, linear programming solution techniques
- Working knowledge of optimization libraries such as ILOG Concert, DoCPLEX or Gurobipy; as well as Java and/or Python
- Ability to understand and learn industry modeling languages such as AMPL, GAMS, Mosel
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.