Master Data Architect
Schneider is seeking an experienced Master Data Architect to join our thriving team. In this role, you will hold responsibility through knowledge and research of up-to-date industry trends, for setting future direction for what technologies and techniques will be used to provide data and analytics to the enterprise. Leveraging advanced knowledge of analytics technologies and strategies, data strategy and architecture, technical designs, architectural standards and best practices, you will lead the development of analytical solutions to support key business processes and business users within Schneider’s Agile environment.
About the role:
- Develop, evolve, and implement the data and analytics strategy, system/technical design, coding and testing, implementation, and production support
- Collaborate across the IT department and with business to understand their processes and requirements associated with requested changes, leading design of solutions tailored to improve existing business processes, and shepherding work through other IT departments
- Know and understand emerging technologies in analytics and cloud tools, data modeling, and general cloud software enablement
- Assist junior team members in development of test plans and scripts (individual, system integration, business partner)
- Perform root cause analysis and fixes for complex product defects and resolve complex deployment, warranty, and post warranty issues and defects
- Lead, influence, and review projects as assigned while providing technical and thought leadership to multiple projects
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience, plus 10+ years of relevant IT work experience in system analysis, planning, architecting, designing, programming, system admin, implementation and maintenance of applications across multiple application domains and technologies
- Advanced experience with either Oracle Fusion Middleware including OBIEE, ODI and BIP or the Microsoft Azure analytics stack (Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake)
- Advanced experience in Traditional BI:
- SQL and SQL Tuning
- ETL tools and practices: Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) preferred
- BI software: OBIEE & Tableau preferred
- Advanced experience in Data Modeling:
- Relational and non-relational structures
- Star Schema
- Cloud data stores
- Data modeling software (SQL Developer or ERWIN data modeler preferred)
- Cloud Storage technologies (such as Snowflake, Azure Data Lake)
- Streaming (such as Kafka)
- Search technologies (e.g. Elastic)
- ETL/Data movement
- Experience in advance analytic techniques such as machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), or statistics a plus
- Experience with agile or iterative software development methodologies, and an ability to follow a software design and development methodology for the specific role required on a project
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.