Schneider is seeking a Sales Engineer to join our thriving team! In this role you will apply operations research and utilize statistical analysis tools and techniques to analyze and improve our customers' supply chain models, transportation operations, and develop practical models to solve their business problems. You will develop strong customer relationships and understand the business operations to ensure the utilization of appropriate methods, models and tools in the development of practical solutions.
About the role:
- Mine and cleanse data for analysis to aid in the solutioning of opportunities for new and existing customers, partnering with our sales team in this process
- Understand and explain mathematical models to both a technical and non-technical audiences in an effort to sell our services to customers
- Present advanced analysis and analytical research to both technical and non-technical business audiences, with the ability to interpret results, understand business implications, and appropriately influence decision-makers
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering, or in an analytical field (e. g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or Accounting), or have equivalent experience, plus five years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in understanding the uses and limitations of optimization and methodologies to select the appropriate methodology to complete assignments
- Comfort working with advanced programming languages such as Java, C# or Python and statistical and optimization software packages such as AMPL, CPLEX, R, SPSS or SAS
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.