- Indianapolis, IN
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Mon-Fri 1st Shift
Schneider is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our thriving team! Our Operations Managers provide leadership and direction to Schneider front-line leaders and their administrative and driver associates, as well as deliver specific business results to achieve industry excellence.
About the role:
- Accountable to lead, coach and develop safe front-line leaders into effective managers of a fleet, which will in turn help develop safe drivers through training, compliance, and mentoring
- Establish metrics and be held accountable for cost containment
- Collaborate with other Schneider internal teams to develop solutions that meet customer requirements
- Review financial results to determine what adjustments, priorities, and focus must be given to maximize business results.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors degree or four to six years of equivalent work experience.
- Effective and efficient oral and written communication skills
- The ability to positively coach, lead and influence others
- Motivation to achieve outcomes and reach goals
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.