September 13-19 was a week to celebrate at Schneider! Not only did we formally celebrate our 80th year in business, but we also recognized the wonderful people who made it possible. Here’s a sneak peek behind the scenes at Schneider’s culture of appreciating associates:
The Key to 80 Years
The Buzz is a regular video feature shared internally through each of our truck driver’s in-cab mobile communications platforms. This particular episode was too good to pass up sharing with the world.
Watch as Schneider CEO Chris Lofgren and Vice President of Talent Management and Associate Relations Todd Jadin share their appreciation:
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week
In reality, every week is driver appreciation week at Schneider. For example, in an effort to respect drivers’ time and effort, we’ve launched a new mobile capability in which drivers can easily share feedback about a customer location directly from a smartphone. We use this information with customers to improve drivers’ experiences.
During NTDAW in particular, and during Schneider’s own Driver Appreciation Week in June, our major operating locations across the country served lunch and dinner to our drivers. Thank you, truck drivers, for the critical role you play in keeping this economy moving!
During this year’s Take Your Child to Schneider Day in August, children wrote letters to our drivers, and they were randomly sent to drivers during NTDAW.
Associate Appreciation Week
Our field locations around the country have an appreciation week in June, but September 13-19 was Associate Appreciation Week at our Green Bay corporate headquarters. Here are a few highlights:
- Casual attire all week
- Free Popcorn Day and Leap of Faith company history book signing by Schneider’s Executive Team
- Department Day with food and fun activities within each department, and Picture with a Pumpkin where associates got professional photos with a Schneider truck
- Company picnic — of course with 80th anniversary cake
- Throwback Thursday encouraging associates to break out their vintage Schneider apparel. Vinnie, our newly restored 1949 tractor, was also on hand.
- Schneider Show and Tell capturing our 80-year history. See the video below for a few snapshots.
- 80th anniversary card stunt — see main blog photo; video will be coming in a future blog post about our current United Way campaign
- Philanthropic Friday encouraging all associates to donate professional clothing to charity — just one example of our commitment to charitable giving
What a week it was!
Are you ready to work for a company where you feel appreciated?