Winter has a way of sneaking up on all of us, which is why it’s so important for truck drivers to be ready. Get prepared by watching this video featuring winter driving tips for truck drivers, which we shared recently with our Schneider driver community.
Top 4 Winter Weather Driving Tips for Truck Drivers
In the video, Dan Pierce, Schneider’s director of driver training, shares more detailed insight about the following winter driving tips for truck drivers:
- Prepare for winter weather – it can’t catch you off guard if you’re ready for it.
- Dress properly for winter conditions – jackets, hats, gloves and boots are a start, but Dan shares some important considerations that could be easy to accidentally overlook.
- Review your winter weather training materials – Schneider provides its drivers with a thorough “Winter Survival Guide”
- Adjust your driving habits for winter roads – Dan provides important advice for following distance and speed
More Winter Weather Driving Resources
Watch the video below, and then check out these other great resources to stay safe on the road this winter:
- Top Valuable Winter Driving Tips for Truck Drivers
- Winter Driving: Truck Driver Tips for Maximum Tire Chain Life
- Will Schneider Make You Drive in Bad or Unsafe Weather Conditions?
- Cautionary Video: Why Truck Drivers Should Wear Ice Cleats
Are you looking to drive for a company that puts safety first in every season?
Read more through the links about how we put safety into practice, and then search driving jobs near you.
Do you have any other winter driving tips for truck drivers? Comment below.