Q. There are lots of transportation companies. Why should I work for Schneider?
A. There are many reasons to work for us, but for this FAQ page, we'll limit ourselves to the top five:
- Schneider is a pioneer in the transportation industry. We use state-of-the-art technology and the best tools to stay one step ahead of the pack. We'll pay you to get trained on all that equipment.
- Working for a large, stable company means you'll enjoy competitive pay and benefits. Plus you'll have access to job opportunities throughout the country.
- Many Schneider diesel technicians enjoy four-day work weeks. Making for a better work-life balance.
- Whether you want to be a top-notch diesel technician or have plans to move into a leadership role, you can customize your career path. We'll provide the training to get you where you want to be.
- Two words: BIG TRUCKS. How many of your diesel friends can say they help keep a 10,000-plus-truck fleet in motion?
Q. Do I need to have my own tools?
A. Schneider provides many of the specialty tools needed to work on diesel trucks, but there are some tools you will be required to bring based on the role. This will be discussed during the interview process. Learn more here.
Q. Do I have to pay for my uniform?
A. Schneider supplies uniforms, prescription safety glasses and a safety shoe discount. Learn more here.
Q. Why would I want to work for a trucking company?
A. Transportation is an industry that always has been and always will be needed. Schneider moves over 9.6 million miles of freight each day for businesses across the U.S., so it's safe to say that our 19,000-plus associates directly affect the economy, especially our technicians who service our equipment to provide a safe fleet. We are the force behind the movement of goods across the world. Come be a part of that today!
Q. What makes Schneider a transportation industry leader?
A. Schneider was founded in 1935 with one truck. It’s been growing ever since and is now one of the largest truckload carriers in North America. Our customers include more than two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies. We are a disrupter in the industry — paving the way with innovative technicians and technology. With approximately 10,500 trucks, 37,800 trailers and 22,200 Intermodal containers in our fleet, we have the capacity to move a lot of freight safely.
Q. Is safety really THAT important to you?
A. YES. Our number one core value is Safety First and Always. We take that very seriously to ensure that you enjoy a safe work environment in the shop. We have an outstanding reputation as an industry leader as recognized by the National Safety Council in safety out on the road, too. We attribute a large piece of that reputation to the skilled diesel technician who keep our trucks well-maintained and out on the road.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any additional questions you want answered.
Find a Diesel Technician job near you: