Senior Trailer Technician
- Phoenix, AZ
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 3:30 pm - 12:00 am + Every Other Weekend
About the role:
- Diagnoses and repairs problems in the areas including all external component replacements and routine repairs, annual vehicle inspections (AVIs), Preventative Maintenance (PM), brake jobs, ABS systems, satellite/cellular systems, tires and lighting repairs.
- Repairs/replaces components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include roofs, panels and side posts, rail splice / replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear, and accident repair. Accident repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame rebuilds, etc)
- Utilizes parts reference materials, the computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems and identify and locate parts. Charges out parts removed from inventory and assists in maintaining parts inventory.
- Communicates with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
A competitive hourly wage: starting pay between $22.10/hr - $27.60/hr paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work
Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in welding, electronics, or related systems or 2-4 years equivalent work experience
- Skilled with windows based computer systems and ability to use diagnostic software preferred
- Ability to operate yard tractors to bring equipment into shop, and be able to park trailers into work spaces
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements) and Brake Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements)
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.