Senior Tractor Technician
- Sterling, IL
- Third shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 11:00 pm - 08:30 am + Every Other Weekend
About the role:
As an associate you will enjoy:
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in engines, electronics, or related systems and 2- 4 years experience
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified and Brake Inspector Certified (per Department of Transportation requirements)
- A deep understanding of- Digital multimeter, welders, cutting torch, frame / body straightening equipment, hand and power tools, and shop computer navigation
- Successfully demonstrate welding skills in non-standard situations and on varying materials
- Proficient with diagnostic software, Detroit S-60, DD15 engines, and DEF/after treatment repairs
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.