Mobile Diesel Mechanic$5,000 sign-on bonus
- Shrewsbury, MA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend 6:30am- 5:00pm
Schneider is looking for an ambitious Mobile Diesel Mechanic to perform on-site minor/moderate truck, container and trailer repairs. Some repairs will include tire changing, minor/moderate engine, electrical, hydraulic and accident repairs while utilizing our maintenance software to track the work performed. With Schneider, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do.
About the Role:
- Repair or replace components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include roofs, panels and side posts, rail splice / replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear, and accident repair. Accident repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame rebuilds, etc). Some locations may require repair and replacement of lift gates, roll-up door, and congear.
- Inspect components including: loose tie rod ends, kingpins, wheel bearing, hood adjustment, and air ride height etc.
- Work safely outdoors in drop lots or on rail ramps.
- Communicate with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- A competitive hourly wage paid weekly, starting wage between $21.80/hour and $32.60/hour based on experience plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Technical degree, certificate or diploma in engines, diesel technology, electronics, related systems or a minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet the Schneider hiring criteria (includes annual DMV checks)
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certification and Brake Inspector Certification (Per Department of Transportation requirements)
- Annual DOT physical required, must meet Schneider hiring criteria
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Be able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools)
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.