Diesel Technician II$3,000.00 sign-on bonus
- West Memphis, AR
- Third shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Wednesday + every other weekend 4:30pm-3:00am
Schneider is seeking a Diesel Technician II to perform preventative maintenance, component replacements and troubleshoot on Schneider's fleet of trailers and trucks. In this role, you will replace tires, install brakes, and complete electrical and safety inspections. You will have the autonomy to make value based decisions and will have the opportunity to continue to develop within the industry and to advance your career within Schneider!
About the Role:
- Maintain, inspect, and repair tractor systems such as fuel, engine, transmissions, electrical, brakes, steering, satellite/cellular systems, HVAC, drivelines, tires, and body work.
- Utilize forklift and possibly company vehicles to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers, and suppliers.
- Consult paper documentation and electronic instructions to understand, document, and complete work orders.
- Utilize paper and computer systems to accurately build, track, and complete repairs including the tracking of time, parts used, and work completed.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- A competitive hourly wage: starting pay between $19.00/hour and $28.60/hour paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work and a $3,000 sign on bonus!
- A results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation and adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Ideal candidates will have:
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum of two years relevant industry experience.
- A Technical degree, Certificate or Diploma in Engines, Diesel Technology, or Electronics preferred.
- A Certification as an Annual Vehicle and Brake Inspector.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Windows, creative problem solving, analytical skills, strong communication, and attention to detail.
- An ability to complete the role required training within 12 months of hire and to provide your own tools within 30 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools).
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.