Senior Mobile Diesel Technician$4,000 sign-on bonus
- Lebanon, TN
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend 6:00am-4:30pm
Schneider is seeking a Senior Mobile Diesel Technician in Lebanon to work mainly outside the shop while performing all minor and major repairs on trucks, containers and trailers. The Senior Mobile Diesel Technician will be supplied with a service truck and serve as the on-site maintenance representative, in addition to making repairs.
- Perform on-site maintenance, including tire changes, electrical repairs, major accident repairs and engine repairs.
- Complete inspections, diagnoses and work estimations.
- Ensure equipment availability and make repair decisions.
- Communicate status updates with internal customers.
Skills and qualifications
- A technical degree in diesel technology or related field, or a minimum of two years of diesel technician experience.
- Valid driver’s license and can meet Schneider’s DMV record standards.
- Valid DOT medical card or able to attain it within 30 days.
- Welding skills and experience.
- Computer systems experience.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits
- Competitive hourly wages: Up to $35.80 per hour starting pay for Senior Mobile Diesel Technicians (based on experience).
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, plus an additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.