Tanker Truck Technician$2,000 sign-on bonus
- Atlanta, GA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend 5:00am-3:30pm
Schneider is seeking a Tanker Truck Technician in Atlanta, GA to perform troubleshooting, component replacement and preventive maintenance on our fleet of bulk trailers and tractors.
- Perform routine repairs and preventive maintenance on bulk trucks and trailers in the truck and express areas of the shop.
- Complete routine repair and replacements on all trailer components, including tires, brakes, ABS systems and electrical systems.
- Communicate status updates to internal customers.
Skills and qualifications
- A technical degree in diesel technology or related field, or a minimum of one year of tanker technician experience.
- Basic welding skills preferred.
- Computer systems and diagnostic software experience
- Able to provide recommendations regarding maintenance and repair decisions.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits
- Competitive hourly wages: Up to $35.80 per hour starting pay for Tanker Truck Technicians (based on experience).
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, plus an additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.