Senior Diesel Technician
$2,000 sign-on bonus
- Atlanta, GA
- Second shift
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend, 3:30 p.m.-2:00 a.m.
- Make repair decisions that prioritize safety as a Senior Diesel Technician in Atlanta.
- Perform all tractor estimations, diagnoses and corrections on company tractors.
- Complete routine rebuilds and replacements.
- Perform a wide variety of preventive maintenance, annual vehicle inspections, component replacements and other repairs on tractors.
- Complete inspections, diagnosis and work estimations.
- Communicate status updates with internal customers.
Skills and qualifications:
- Technical degree in diesel technology or related field.
- Minimum of two years of diesel technician experience.
- Knowledge of diagnostic software, Detroit engines and aftertreatment repairs.
- Computer systems and diagnostic software experience.
- Able to provide recommendations regarding maintenance and repair decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits:
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, plus an additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 230835