Mobile Diesel Technician
$2,000 sign-on bonus
- North Baltimore, OH
- First shift
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend, 5:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Work outside a shop as a Mobile Diesel Technician in North Baltimore.
- Complete on-site maintenance on trucks, containers and trailers.
- Be supplied with a service truck that’s stocked with the specialty tools and parts needed to get the job done efficiently and correctly.
- Perform on-site maintenance, including tire changes, electrical repairs, engine repairs and welding jobs.
- Complete inspections, diagnoses and work estimations.
- Communicate status updates to Schneider drivers and internal customers.
Skills and qualifications:
- Technical degree in diesel technology or related field, or a minimum of one year of diesel technician experience.
- Valid driver’s license and can meet Schneider’s DMV record standards.
- Valid DOT medical card or able to attain it within 30 days.
- Basic welding skills preferred.
- Computer systems and diagnostic software experience.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits:
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, plus an additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 231164