Senior Reefer Technician
$4,000 sign-on bonus
- Sterling, IL
- Third shift
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend, 10 p.m.-8:30 a.m.
- Perform major and minor repairs on refrigerated trailers as a Senior Reefer Technician in Sterling.
- Diagnose and repair all trailer electrical systems.
- Complete routine rebuilds and make replacements.
- Handle routine repairs, component replacements, preventative maintenance, brake work and lighting repairs.
- Complete annual vehicle inspections.
- Perform starting and charging systems repairs.
- Complete compressor replacements, hose and pipe repairs and electronic control systems repairs.
- Handle accident-related repairs, which may include welding and replacing complex components on trailers.
Skills and qualifications:
- Technical degree in engines, electronics or related systems.
- Two plus years of refrigeration experience.
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified.
- Brake Inspector Certified.
- EPA 608, type 2 Certified.
- Experience welding in non-standard situations and on varying materials.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits:
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- Results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 231525