Dedicated nighttime truck driver - WalmartTop drivers earn $93,000 | Up to $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $55,700 - $68,300
- Home time:
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Enjoy weekly home time, annual earnings of $55,700 to $68,300 and consistent miles as a Dedicated truck driver on Schneider's Walmart account. Drivers on this account haul a mix of reefers and dry van trailers and are required to drive at night – weekly shift times typically start between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Sterling Dedicated nighttime truck driver job overview
- $55,700 to $68,300* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks.
- $93,000* top annual earning potential.
- Up to $0.58 per mile* with weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile.
- Home weekly.
- 1,500 average miles per week, all driven within Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
- Reefers and dry van trailers with 100% no-touch freight.
- $7,500 limited-time sign-on bonus for experienced drivers.
- $3,500 limited-time sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Sterling Dedicated nighttime truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Live within 150 miles of Sterling, IL.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
- Drivers on this account are required to drive at night.
Still need a CDL or more driving experience? Learn how to get a CDL or call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Dedicated nighttime truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Opportunity to complete a paid five-week Class A CDL apprenticeship training course at a Schneider facility.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers.
- Mileage and accessorial pay.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Dedicated in Sterling
- Consistency – Hauling freight for one customer means you have both a predictable schedule and consistent weekly miles.
- Reliable home time – You know exactly when and how often you’ll get home.
- Dependable paychecks – Your weekly paycheck will reflect the consistent miles you drive on a weekly basis.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Gary Facility.
- Learn more about Dedicated truck driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.