Over-the-Road (OTR) Van Truckload truck driver – CanadaTop drivers earn $75,000
- Average pay:
- $52,750 - $64,250
- Home time:
- Every other week
- 3 months or greater CDL experience
- Job ID:
Earn up to $0.50 per mile* starting pay and get home every other week as an Over-the-Road Van Truckload driver based in Canada. Haul 100% no-touch freight, 60% drop-and-hook, as you travel in Ontario and Quebec and into the United States.
Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver job overview
- $52,750 to $64,250* CAD average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks.
- $76,000* top annual earning potential.
- Up to $0.50 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile.
- Home biweekly, with flexible options available.
- 2,500 average miles per week in Ontario and Quebec and into the United States.
- Dry van trailers with 100% no-touch freight, 60% drop-and-hook.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class AZ license from Province currently residing in.
- Minimum 3 months of Class AZ driving experience.
- If U.S. or Canadian citizen, passport or Enhanced Driver’s License required.
- If not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, passport required at time of hire (B1/B2 visa may also be required).
- FAST card or proof of application preferred at time of hire.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
Additional Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver job benefits
- Extended health care plan, vision coverage and a dental plan.
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- Up to $7,500 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers.
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Over-the-Road
- Variability – Traveling the country means seeing it all. No two days are alike because each load you’re assigned to will take you somewhere different.
- Dependable paychecks – Your weekly paycheck will reflect the consistent miles you drive on a weekly basis.
- Satisfaction – The feeling you get from knowing the freight you haul keeps shelves stocked is nothing short of pride and accomplishment.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Guelph Facility and customer locations.
- 24/7 border crossing team and we’re a C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) and PIP (Partners in Protection) approved carrier.
- Learn more about Van Truckload,Over-the-Road driving and our Canada operations.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.