Driver Trainer II (OSR)Home daily | London, KY
Act as the subject matter expert in commercial driving by supporting drivers with various training needs and evaluating essential skills as a Driver Trainer. Enjoy preparing new drivers for a rewarding career with Schneider.
London Driver Instructor job overview
- Accountable for administering hands-on training based on individual driver needs, in accordance with curriculum developed by the curriculum design team.
- These trainings include but not limited to: performance enhancement training, preliminary skills behavior assessment, experienced enhancement module, annual evaluations, safetrac, return to work, hazmat, logging, road testing, etc.
- Partner with Safety and Training Leadership and Operations to help resolve problems or issues identified during training, then make recommendations on next steps.
- Maintain and update training records to ensure compliance.
- Identify, correct and report any unsafe act conducted by a Schneider associate.
- Support Operations in other capacities to include repositioning equipment, hauling freight and performing truck inspections.
- Be a resource for professional driver associates on a variety of questions related to driving.
- Assist in the transfer of personal effects, turn-in of equipment and any administrative details need for driver out processing.
- Help new driver associates adapt to the lifestyle of an over-the-road driver.
- Haul freight regularly.
- Represent Schneider and self in a manner that reflects pride and professionalism through following the dress code and by strict adherence to the organizations core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
London Driver Trainer qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT physical card.
- Minimum 12 months of Class A driving experience and six months of verifiable instructor/training experience or minimum five years of recent Class A driving experience.
- Have a knowledge of and adherence to policies.
- Live within 60 miles of London, KY.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements with minimal logging or Hours of Service violations.
- Ability to identify, analyze and correct unsafe or aggressive driving habits.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Additional Driver Trainer job benefits
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider in London
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
- Position based out of Schneider’s London Facility.
- Learn more about Schneider’s culture for Driver Trainers.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.