Regional Intermodal truck driverCDL Apprenticeship Program | Top drivers earn up to $100,000
Company-paid CDL training available
- Average pay:
- $1,380 - $1,680 weekly
- Home time:
- Every three weeks
- No CDL
- Job ID:
- Company-paid CDL training:
- Haul freight containers secured to company-owned chassis.
- 90% no-touch freight with mostly drop-and-hook.
- Drive in and out of railyards with 500 miles of your park location.
Pay and bonus potential
- Mileage and load pay.
- Longevity bonus: Earn 3% of annual gross pay each year.
- Earn at least $1,000 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Paid orientation.
- Paid time off after 6 months, plus 6 days of holiday pay per year.
- Individuals looking to obtain their Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Individuals who currently have Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) from their State of residence.
- Tanker endorsement required after hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Unlimited referral bonuses.
- Company-paid CDL training options: tuition reimbursement ($200/month) or CDL Apprenticeship Training* (paid six-week training at a Schneider facility).
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- See full list of driver benefit package.
*CDL Apprenticeship Training (CAT) Program participants: Per Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) regulations, if your employment with Schneider terminates within 6 months after the date you are certified as having passed the CDL skills test, the IDOT will require you to get retested to maintain your CDL classification.
More reasons to choose Schneider Intermodal driving
- Specific training – Attend paid intermodal orientation at a major hub.
- Leading technology – Use tablets and mobile apps to get the job done quicker and easier.
- More home time – Stay closer to home with a robust regional and local freight base.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.