Class A CDL training assistance for military veterans
Schneider military veteran programs and benefits
- Job ID:
Military Veterans start your truck driving career off right by joining one of the top military friendly companies in the nation. Schneider can help you find a truck driving school that lets you use your GI Bill® benefits to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL). Plus, attend orientation and start your driving career with Schneider after completing CDL training.
- U.S. Military Veterans.
- Military Veterans with Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits.
- Individuals able to provide a copy of DD Form 214 and Certificate of Eligibility.
Additional Military Veteran programs and benefits
- Military Apprenticeship Program (earn up to an additional $1,431/month).
- Check your eligibility by calling the VA at 888-442-4551.
- Credit for Military Experience Program.
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training for Guard and Reserve members.
Truck driver benefits
Upon graduation, full-time CDL truck drivers are eligible for:
- A truck driver position with Schneider.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation.
- Paid time off and holiday pay after one year.
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- See full list of driver benefit package.
More Reasons to join Schneider's top military friendly team
Recognition is earned and Schneider is proud of what we've accomplished and the opportunities we provide.
- Many organizations have recognized Schneider, including the Department of Defense Freedom Award, G.I. Jobs®, Military.com and Civilianjobs.com.
- We are a proud supporter of AW2 (Army Wounded Warrior Program).
- Sponsor of Enlisted Association of National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) Al Schneider Award.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization's success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.