Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker Truck Driver | Up to $0.57 cpm | Up to $2,500 Sign-on Bonus | Baton Rouge, LA or Reserve, LA
6 preferred days off each month
All CDL holders
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck drivers at Schneider travel the country and specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals - 2/3 of them non-hazardous. OTR Tanker truckers earn up to $0.53 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $74,000 per year with accessorial pay) and get home six days per month with a flexible time off program.
Never pulled a tanker? No worries! Schneider provides industry-leading paid tanker training and ongoing advancement opportunities. Get started now and advance your career as part of Schneider's elite group of OTR Tanker drivers, enjoying a small-company feel with large-company benefits!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Louisiana Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.53 per mile*
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- Up to $74,000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- $2,500 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- 100% hazmat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Louisiana Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 200 miles of Baton Rouge, LA, Reserve, LA or Saraland, AL and live in Louisiana or Mississippi
- Tanker endorsements required at time of hire
- Hazmat endorsements required within 60 days of hire
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age 2.5 years, over 60% automated transmissions
- Nationwide facility network, many locations offering free showers, laundry, WiFi, exercise equipment, TV lounges, cafeterias and more
- Industry-leading, personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity, expedite access, locate equipment and more
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
You can be an unappreciated steering wheel holder just about anywhere. Or you can drive with a carrier that cares about your safety, respects your time and wants you to be happy. Schneider has put drivers first for more than 80 years. Find your happiness with us this year.
"This is what makes me happy. I get to see the country, I never have to wear formal dress clothes to work again and my job is constantly teaching me new things and introducing me to new people."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Louisiana. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.