Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver | Top Drivers earn $71,000 | Up to $2,500 Sign-on Bonus
Over-the-Road truck drivers earn up to $0.52 per mile* and choose from different home time options in this new long haul configuration. OTR truckers in this CDL driving job haul 95% no-touch freight and average 2,500 miles per week in the eastern 37 states. If you want to hit the open road, explore the country and rack up the miles, there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an Over-the-Road driver for Schneider. Start your OTR trucking career with Schneider's Van Truckload division today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holdersOver-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
Up to $71,000 per year*
- $2,500 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
- Higher pay: Inexperienced OTR mileage rates, for example, have increased 17% in the last two years
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- HazMat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Advantage Club - after five years with Schneider, you'll be admitted to this exclusive club with a variety of unique opportunities paid for by Schneider
- Discount program - enjoy year-round discounts and special offers from hundreds of national and local companies
- Mobile communications platform - the latest in-truck technology with electronic logging, GPS navigation, web browsing and more
- Training Engineer (driver trainer) opportunities available after six months, paying all miles/accessorials, plus $60 training per day and potential bonuses
- Passenger program - take a loved one out on the road with you. Eligible passengers include friends over the age of 18 and immediate family members over the age of 10
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
Since 1935, Schneider has had over 5,000 drivers who've driven over one million consecutive miles safely. Experienced drivers continue to call Schneider home because they know firsthand that Schneider treats drivers right. Experience it for yourself.
"With Schneider, I'm family. I wouldn't trade this for anything."
Join one of the top trucking companies. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify