Shop Floor Leader
- Houston, TX
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 08:00 am - 5:00 pm
About the Role:
- Accountable for equipment availability and repair decisions for fleet units. This includes communication with the Line of Business to understand the business needs in order to maximize the equipment availability and prioritize the work.
- On the job (live) work order audits and performance audits of associates. This includes giving performance feedback during the audit on the floor, ensuring the associates are using the checklists, and reinforcing the Schneider established work processes.
- Assign work to associates, matching the skill needed to complete the task along with developing associate skills. Ensure that everyone has completed their training on time including vendor based training.
- Support the Shop Manager in carrying out parts processes. This includes inventory controls, meeting parts key factors, maintaining appropriate inventory, ensuring accuracy of cycle counts, and reinforcing the use of Schneider parts processes with associates.
- Responsible for quickly addressing performance related problems. This could include disciplinary action, administering Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), or termination.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Associates degree or equivalent 4-6 years work experience as a mechanic/technician. Transportation is a preference.
- Ability to work a minimum of one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) per month.
- Leadership experience with the ability to create and sustain a high performance environment through your leadership, actions and processes.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.