Student Driver Representative
- Houston, TX
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Schneider is seeking a collaborative Training Assistant to be the key link between the Schneider Driver Training Academy, new driver associates and the organization. You will support our new driver associates from the time they graduate from the Training Academy until they are transferred to their assigned leader. This support includes helping resolve concerns, serving as an advocate for the new driver through the Training Engineer, and CDL phases of training, coordination of truck assignments, and transfer of the driver to their leader. You will also manage driver payroll and develop action plans to assist new driver associates in the goal of becoming over the road drivers.
About the role:
- Conduct Pre-Employment Orientations with all student drivers.
- Train student drivers on new and existing procedures.
- Oversee timely completion of required training, regulatory compliance items and CDL acquisition.
- Keep student drivers informed, focused, and motivated.
- Give constructive feedback to student drivers regarding their performance.
- Identify performance issues and elevate to appropriate leader
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- A high school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience and 1 year relatable experience
- An open, interactive oral communication style
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Customer service and computer skills
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.