The Schneider organization is seeking an experienced Corporate Accountant to be responsible for certain close processes, and providing analysis and reporting on a broad spectrum of accounting disciplines while driving data integrity and process improvement. This will entail learning the end to end processes and keeping those processes documented. The Accountant may be involved in preparing journal entries, completing reconciliations, intercompany accounting, and other matters related to enterprise financial accounting.
About the role:
- Participate in the month-end close process by posting journal entries to ensure accuracy and correctness.
- Assist with the general or sub-ledger close process.
- Prepare and post intercompany elimination and other consolidating journal entries in order to produce consolidating and consolidated financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop, document, and/or implement procedures which will enhance our ability to produce quality, timely, and accurate financial information and develop efficiencies in the reporting process.
- Support Fixed Asset subledger as the primary backup when needed. Prepare monthly reporting for capital expenditures and other schedules as required.
- Perform accounting for the company’s leases under ASC 842, including collaborating with the real estate team and reviewing new/existing leases.
- Assist with SEC reporting.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- CPA or other certification eligible preferred
- One to three years of practical work experience in core accounting practices with prior entry level work or internships preferred
- A combination of financial operations and/or analytical experiences that include experience in a multi-divisional corporation is a plus
- The ability to communicate effectively through means of written and oral communication, strong attention to detail and relationship building skills
- The ability to prioritize workload and work within deadlines with little direct supervision
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.