Operations Team Leader
- Green Bay, WI
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Part-time; Sunday - Wed 3pm- 11pm
Schneider has an immediate need for an energetic and dynamic Operations Team Leader to coach and mentor support shift associates in their specific job accountabilities, career development and participation in business meetings to achieve required business results. Strong leadership skills are required to facilitate problem resolution, decision making, handling critical incidents, safety, and legal issues to meet service commitments to customers. You will work closely with a variety of Schneider teams to identify the most significant issues for focus and resolution. Join our resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity, respect and excellence in all we do.
About the role:
- Coach associates to consistently resolve problems and act on opportunities to provide on time service to customers in an effort to produce optimal revenue and earnings, meet driver needs, and reduce cost.
- Prioritize and determine most effective use of time and talents in order to meet business objectives ensuring the teams day-to-day work procedures and initiatives are completed timely and accurately.
- Resolve problems related to productivity of drivers and equipment, safety, low cost of operations, and driver emergencies.
- Communicate effectively and build a professional relationship with internal / external customers and strive to exceed their total service expectations.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience and two- three years relatable experience
- Transportation, Logistics or Operations experience a plus
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Advanced technical/computer skills with experience using at least 3 to 4 different programs simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills, and strong time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build positive working relationships.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.