- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Schneider is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to apply system solutions to business problems through the design and programming of automated systems. You will analyze, design, develop, and maintain custom program code and applications to support business processes and functions. Working on elements of large, complex applications, you will perform work on assignments or projects that are moderate to large in size, scope, or complexity. This is an intermediate level individual contributor professional position, where you will work independently on advanced projects and have oversight on complex work or projects.
About the role:
- Design, code, unit test, system test, performance test, debug, implement, document, and support solution systems through new system development, improvements of current systems, or implementation of third-party products.
- Develop and document project design requirements that promote reuse, flexibility, scalability, reliability, maintainability, security, and alignment to Schneider's software development processes and architectural standards.
- Support the resolution of deployment, warranty, and post-warranty issues and defects and other domain related design or solution problems.
- Use Schneider's Agile Methodology to deliver user profiles based on committed timeframes and provide feedback to team members and other stakeholders on defining features and user profiles for future sprints.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree or the equivalent work experience. Two to four years of relevant experience.
- Proficient skill with Java-based software development.
- Proficient knowledge of system design, development, development patterns, quality assurance, integration methodologies as well as business and IT strategies, architectural standards, and software / application capabilities.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.