Tax Accountant Team Leader
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; M- F 800AM- 500PM
Schneider is seeking a Tax Accountant Team Leader to join our Finance team. As the Tax Accountant Team Leader you will be responsible for leading the tax accounting and compliance reporting processes including: tax provision, return preparation and review, tax research and planning, audit support and balance multiple special projects. You’ll work in a collaborative environment, but also have the ability to work independently.
About the role:
- Prepare income tax provision calculations and related workpapers including support for financial statement reporting and disclosures (10-K, 10-Q) on an annual and interim basis
- Review of all federal, state, and local income tax reporting and related workpapers including the consolidated return, estimated payments, and extension calculations
- Participate in the development and implementation of practices for efficient collection of information and preparation of tax provisions and returns
- Address tax issues with business subsidiaries as well as develop solid internal relationships with finance and operating departments
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting and five plus years of finance experience with three years being in public accounting
- Experience with FAS109 income tax accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access. Oracle knowledge is a plus
- Proficient with internet tax research and tax processing software
- Excellent business analytical, organizational as well as workpaper techniques
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.