Senior Brokerage Specialist
- Green Bay, WI
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Part-time; Part-time, Friday-Monday; 2nd shift
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for a detail oriented Senior Brokerage Specialist to take on the support shift duties for Schneider Transportation Management (STM) Sales/Brokerage and Carrier Services. You will be brokering, accepting, and tracking freight as well as resolving problems and building a solid working relationship with all customers in order to understand their total service needs. Process insurance updates on current carriers and review the carrier selection criteria to ensure that we meet our carrier guidelines. As a teammate with Schneider, you are part of a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity, respect and excellence in all we do.
About the role:
- Broker out freight and negotiate rates with our carriers, as well as accept new freight based on flow, market balance, and rate.
- Review faxes, emails, and take calls from carriers/drivers/customers.
- Anticipate problems and act purposefully to solve them while ensuring all computer information is accurate and up to date.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work a rotating schedule: Week 1: Monday 4:00 PM- 12:00 AM, Friday 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Week 2: Sunday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Mon 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience and a minimum of one year of prior work experience, Customer Service experience preferred.
- Strong planning & organization skills will assist you in being successful in this role, you must be capable of multitasking and feel comfortable utilizing multiple applications simultaneously.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills, along with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
Check out our office videos illustrating our open and high energy office culture: https://bit.ly/3iCq9Bo
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.