- Portsmouth, VA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 7 am - 4 pm
Schneider is seeking an experienced Fleet Manager to serve as a coach to our Owner Operator drivers on business related issues concerning their business and the professional relationship relative to their lease with the organization.
About the role:
- Facilitate and ensure compliance of the Owner Operator lease in terms of performance and effectively facilitate Owner Operator Business sessions.
- Administer operating standards concerning public safety, including regulatory compliance within Schneider National and Federal Motor Carrier Regulations.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our care values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- Ability to listen effectively and work with people of diverse opinions and backgrounds.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, solid analytical skills and a consistent record of taking initiative, both individually and as a team member.
- Ability to understand how data drives technology and influence others while maintaining positive relationships.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.