- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Schneider is seeking a Driver Manager to join our thriving Operations team! Our Driver Managers provide excellent leadership to a group of our hardworking drivers in a fast- paced environment. In this role, you will act as the key link between the business, our drivers, and our customers. In this safety focused position, you will be accountable for fielding calls from drivers and working one-on-one to solve problems with creative solutions that exceed customer expectations and our company objectives.
About the role:
- Make safety-conscious decisions while ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures
- Balance the needs of our customers, our drivers, and the business resulting in a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide ongoing direction and leadership to drivers and internal associates to ensure excellent customer service, key factor achievement and associate development
- Collaborate with others in the organization to identify and implement both local and global creative solutions to improve retention
- Manage driver payroll, and ensure drivers have quality time at home
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Transportation, supply chain or logistics experience (preferred)
- Ability to empower and mentor associates, to creatively problem solve, and to thrive in a dynamic environment
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.