Roadside Service Dispatcher
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Work Model:
- Full time; Tuesday-Saturday, 5 a.m.-2 p.m.
Are you a natural problem solver with a technical mindset? Have you worked on your own vehicle or in a shop? Do you enjoy fixing things? If so, then this is a great opportunity for you! Schneider’s Emergency Maintenance department is looking for high energy individuals with a passion for fixing things! We handle all truck and trailer breakdown calls for Schneider.
Don’t have experience with transportation repairs? Don’t worry! We have on the job and extended training to learn more about diesel mechanics and our equipment. We have endless opportunities for professional development and advancement so apply today to start a future with a great team and company!
About the role:
- Quickly and efficiently research and select the best repair option for each emergency breakdown.
- Provide verbal guidance to drivers whenever possible on temporary solutions to allow drivers to safely move to an appropriate repair facility.
- Oversee the over the road emergency repair process for Schneider equipment. Ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner, and all information is available to business leaders.
- Provide support to driver associates, operations, and vendors.
- Analyze problems based on available input and provide resolution on next steps.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- High School Diploma/GED or 1-2 years of equivalent work experience.
- Strong technical/repair background (shop or mechanic experience desired).
- Solid listening, verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Office, Email, etc.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 230718