Attention California Residents
The following is a disclosure under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), which becomes effective January 1, 2020.
Personal Information Collected
As part of your employment at a subsidiary of Schneider National, Inc. (the “Company”), the Company collects:
- Identifiers like name, employee ID number, home address, telephone number, email address, names and information on family members; date of birth, SSN, marital status, residency and work permit status, military status, race, nationality, passport information;
- Information that is capable of being associated with a particular individual, like photograph/likeness, medical insurance claims, emergency contacts, banking details, information captured on security systems;
- Biometric information, like height, weight, clothing size, likeness in photographs and/or videos, physical limitations and special needs, drug and alcohol testing results, immunization records;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal information, like information captured on security and safety systems, including Closed Circuit Television (“CCTV”), forward-facing video recordings in and around Schneider vehicles, and key card entry systems;
- And professional or employment-related information, like wage, benefit and retirement account information, sick pay, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), pensions, insurance, age, nationality and passport information of a spouse, child or other eligible dependents and beneficiaries, information from interviews and phone screenings, date of hire, dates of promotions, work history, technical skills, educational background, professional certifications and registrations, language capabilities and training records, records of work absences, vacation/paid time off, entitlement and requests, salary history and expectations, performance appraisals, letters of appreciation and recommendation, and disciplinary and grievance procedures, results of credit and criminal background checks (where permitted by law), health certifications, driving license number, vehicle registration and driving history, the requests and directions of law enforcement authorities or court orders (e.g., child support and debt payment information), date of resignation or termination, reason for resignation or termination, information relating to administering termination of employment (e.g. references), letters of offer and acceptance of employment, resumes or CV’s, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information provided to the Company in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process.
Uses of Information
We collect this information for the following purposes:
- To manage all aspects of an employee’s employment relationship, including, but not limited to the establishment, maintenance, and termination of employment relationships. Examples of activities related to this include: determining eligibility for initial employment, including the verification of references and qualifications; pay and benefit administration; the issuance and management of stock options and restricted stock units; corporate travel and other reimbursable expenses; development and training; absence monitoring; project management; auditing, compliance, and risk management activities; conflict of interest reporting; employee communications; performance evaluation; disciplinary actions; grievance and internal investigation activities; career management, including the assessment of qualifications for a particular job or task; processing employee work-related claims (e.g., worker compensation, insurance claims); succession planning; relocation assistance; obtaining and maintaining insurance; employee engagement programs, to include surveys; the provision of employee related services; and other general operations, administrative, financial, and human resources related purposes.
- Assisting employees with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required.
- For use in video conferencing.
- For the maintenance of personnel directories.
- For administering our occupational safety and health programs.
- To protect the safety and security of our workforce, guests, property, and assets (including controlling and facilitating access to and monitoring activity on and in our premises and activity using our computers, devices, networks, communications and other assets and resources).
- To investigate and respond to claims against the Company, including the use of forward-facing cameras in and around Schneider vehicles to record events such as accidents, sudden stops, and other high-risk incidents. Schneider will not examine or retain such videos except for purposes related to an incident, such as conducting investigations and resolving insurance and third-party claims related to incidents.
- To maintain emergency contact and beneficiary details.
- To comply with applicable laws (e.g. health and safety, employment laws, office of foreign asset controls regulations, tax laws), including judicial or administrative orders regarding individual employees (e.g., garnishments, child support payments).
- To carry out any additional purposes that we advise you of (and if applicable law requires your express consent for such additional use or disclosure we will request it from you and you will be free to agree or decline).
- To carry out other purposes as part of our business activities when reasonably required by the Company.
Access by Third Parties
This information may be shared with:
- Third party vendors who provide services to the operation of our business or employee benefits, such as vendors of information systems, human resources services, financial investment service providers, wellness program service providers, and insurance providers;
- Your financial institution(s) and the company’s financial institution(s);
- Governmental agencies, authorities, and law enforcement, if required by law
- The Company’s professional advisors (i.e. lawyers, accountants, consultants, auditors, and other professional advisers)
- Customer(s) you may perform services for, as well as customer vendors who have a need to know
- A buyer or prospective buyer of the Company or its assets and such entity’s professional advisors in the context of such a sale
If the Company makes changes to this Associate Privacy Disclosure those changes will be posted to the Policies and Guidelines page of Compass and on Schneiderjobs.com.