If you’re over 50 years old, your depth of experience and perspective is valuable in the workplace. Whether you’re a senior looking for a new career adventure, an empty nester ready to branch out, a boomer seeking a second career or a young retiree desiring a change of pace in your golden years, Schneider is proud to offer a wide range of jobs for mature workers.
Schneider’s AARP Employer Pledge Program commitment
The AARP Employer Pledge Program is a nationwide group of employers that stand with AARP in affirming the value of experienced workers and are committed to developing diverse organizations.
Schneider is, and we’re proud to publicly affirm that we:
- Believe in equal opportunity for all workers, regardless of age
- Believe that 50+ workers should have a level playing field in their ability to compete for and obtain jobs
- Recognize the value of experienced workers
- Recruit across diverse age groups and consider all applicants on an equal basis.
Did you know? According to AARP, workers over 50 will make up 35 percent of the workforce, so older workers are a critical component of a high-performing workforce — and Schneider recognizes it.
What are the best jobs for older workers?
The reasons you may pursue a career change at this time of life are personal to you, as are the jobs you may consider, but in general, a great starting point in seeking a career for people over 50 is to look at these factors:
- Jobs with high needs and future growth projections – like transportation, which is facing a truck driver shortage
- Jobs that leverage your decades of experience – consulting, customer service, coaching, etc.
- Jobs with shorter training periods – certifications, on-the-job training or trade schools that can facilitate a quick transition
Truck driving, for example, is a great fit in all three areas:
- meeting a critical need
- building on your decades of driving experience
- giving you the opportunity to start earning in as short as a few weeks, depending on the truck driving school you attend
Bonus: Travel while getting paid! Many people look forward to traveling during retirement but aren’t able to afford it or aren’t healthy enough to enjoy it by the time they can. Problem solved as a truck driver!
More types of jobs for mature workers
In addition to a huge variety of truck driving jobs for people over 50, Schneider offers career opportunities for office, diesel mechanic and warehouse workers. Use your age and experience as assets with an industry leader.